Westside Neighborhood – English Avenue: The Power of Place and Social Production / Redesigning the Equitable Home
Design + Research Graduate Studio, Fall 2021
Building on the field study work from the summer, this studio offers the challenge for the architects to establish a proactive role in engagement with community stakeholders.
- Can we imagine a role for the architect where the act of design is an entrepreneurial and innovative endeavor – for those who are underserved and/or under-resourced?
- How can we be creative in imagining new models of dwelling with shared community services?
- What does a prototype for affordable living units (single-family, multi-family) that flexibly responds to the changing demographic of non-family households look like?
- What is the minimum footprint for such a housing unit?
- How has technology allowed for new and/or radical thinking in these areas?
- Julie Ju-Youn Kim AIA NCARB
- Robby Bryant, HDR Architecture
- Jessica Flake, Studio SOGO
- Winston Taylor, The Beloved Community
- Michael Street, HDR Architecture
- Jennifer Fine, Invest Atlanta
- Jaren Abedania, Westside Future Fund
- Lee Harrop, Westside Future Fund
- Weston Byerly
- Luke Davis
- Patricia del Moral-Suazo
- Lauriane Donang
- Robert Feagans
- Gillian Gingher
- Nirmit Patel
- Palav Patel
- Katie Reilly
- Breanna Rhoden
- Monica Rizk
- Rand Zalzala